Cardio Tennis is a high energy fitness activity that combines the best features of tennis with cardiovascular exercise, delivering the ultimate, full body, calorie burning aerobic workout. It is a very social and fun class for players of all ability levels. If you’ve never played tennis before it is a great way to be introduced to the sport and if you are an experienced high level tennis player it is the best way to train for tennis. Regardless of ability or fitness level the tennis professional is trained to provide the ultimate workout for each person.
Cardio Tennis is a safe and healthy workout environment. The typical Cardio Tennis program is 60 minutes and includes:
• 5-10 minute warm-up segment
• 40-50 minute Cardio segment
• 5-10 minute cool down segment
1) It includes a proper warm-up and cool down just like other group fitness classes. The Cardio Tennis warm-up includes dynamic movement, throwing and catching skills and light hitting. The cardio portion is about 30% drills and 70% games. Every class finishes with a cool down which incorporates fun tennis specific activities and games to bring the heart rate down and flushing the system of metabolic waste.
2) The use of the heart rate monitor also makes it a safe workout. The heart rate monitor gives the coach and the player instant and accurate feedback which ensures the coach can provide the appropriate workout for each individual. The heart rate monitor elevates the fitness profile of the cardio tennis session
3) The skill of the tennis professional also makes it safe and healthy as he/she has been trained on how to work with different ability levels, feed the ball for different skill level and how to raise or lower a player’s heart rate.